Weddings at GWAC
We at GWAC are pleased to discuss with you the possibility of helping you make your wedding day a memorable and significant occasion.
We know that selecting the Celebrant and place for your ceremony is only one of many decisions you need to make, as is deciding on the specifics of content within the service.
As a Christian faith community, GWAC is committed to helping couples in the significant transition to married life. We are able to assist you in crafting a ceremony that will be welcoming to your guests, meaningful to your family members, and God-honouring in focus.
The wedding process involves signing an ‘Intent to Marry’ form with at least one month's notice before the wedding date, engaging in the Marriage Preparation Course through Relationships Australia and then the preparation of the Marriage Service. The cost for the service varies depending on the plans for the celebration. For more details on costing please contact Ashish Roy, (Operations Manager) on 9560 7494 (ex 2).
Together with the church Minister, the couple will look over the basic service structure and decide on what extra items to include or modify. We offer a marriage service, in line with the Anglican Church of Australia and therefore it will always include consents, vows, Bible reading and reflection, and prayer for the couple among other things. There are other items that you may include with the approval of the Senior Minister or Senior Associate Minister.
Other things you should consider
- If you have been divorced, the current protocol in the Anglican Church is to obtain permission from the Bishop before the ceremony is conducted.
- Please discuss with the Minister as early as possible, should you decide to have your own musician involved in the service.
- You will need to appoint two people over the age of 18 to be your official witnesses. They will sign the register and certificates. They can be either male or female.
- A church ceremony will take from forty minutes to one hour depending on what you include in the service. Please allow one hour.
Getting married in a location other than St Barnabas Ministry Centre (Glen Waverley Anglican Church) is possible under certain circumstances, pending approval of regional Bishop and others as necessary.
Please discuss your request with the Minister prior to booking your wedding. The fee for a service and associated preparations at a location other than St Barnabas Ministry Centre (Glen Waverley Anglican Church) is $400, provided your service is held within 30 minutes’ drive of Glen Waverley. This fee covers the consultation and preparation of your service, but excludes the Marriage Preparation Course.
Please fill an expression of interest form for your wedding by clicking HERE
You can also contact us at:
- Church Office: 9560 7494
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org