At the GWAC Playgroups our volunteer leaders offer a range of indoor and outdoor activities for children (0-5years) with their parents or caregivers as they meet together weekly.
We provide opportunities for play experiences and socialisation for the children and friendship and support for the adults.
Sessions run Tuesdays and Thursdays during school terms.
Times for 2021:
* Wednesday 10 am - 11.30 am - Music and movement
Welcome to Wednesday playgroup! Wednesday playgroup is a place for parents, kids and family to connect with each other and with other families: the kids get to play in the playground, with trucks and dolls; the parents get to watch and share with other parents and leaders too while sharing in tea and coffee and morning tea; we get to sing together and do a craft; all while providing a safe space for kids to explore and learn at Glen Waverley Anglican Church. Feel free to join us and check us out. This term we’ll be learning all about creation with lots of music and activities thinking about the world (including dinosaurs!) and our place in it. Hope to see you there soon!
* Thursday 10 am - 11:30 am
Welcome to Thursday playgroup: a place for parents/carers, kids and families to connect with other families at Glen Waverley Anglican Church in a safe, caring creative environment.
· Thursday’s Playgroup will be full of free play, fun and exploration.
· Kids get to play in the playground, dress up, play with trucks, dolls and a variety of other toys and puzzles.
· Parents/carers stay with their kids throughout the session, playing with them and meeting other families.
· A craft or exploration activity will be offered; some activities for term 1 have a science theme including watching a bean germinate and grow and exploring kaleidoscopes.
· Tea and coffee are provided; parents/carers will need to bring along a snack for their kids.
· The session ends with much loved, familiar songs and a story.
· Everything is done according to covid safe rules and we ask that parents/carers assist in cleaning by wiping down items that their kids have played with throughout the session and helping with a tidy and clean up at the end.
We’d love to see you on Thursday, come along and enjoy!
Our groups will be starting 3/2 and 4/2 respectively.
Cost: $180/240 per year. Please refer to the Expression of Interest form for further details.
GWAC Playgroups are members of Playgroups Victoria.
If you are interested in joining one of our playgroups, you can fill in our online expression of interest form below. Following your submission, our Children & Families Pastor will be in contact with you shortly.
For more information please contact:
* Jules Barnard (Children & Families Pastor),
* Phone: (03) 9560 7494